2022 Board Member Elections
These Board positions are open for the 2023-2024 term:
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and coordination of all certification training activities for the chapter, whether PMI certifications or other organizations’ certifications.
- This position may have volunteers reporting to it.
- The content of these trainings is to be consistent and in accordance with the Chapter objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning and coordination of all marketing and communications activities, using various tools to disseminate information in a timely manner. Ex. advertising, marketing, brand management, sponsor management, etc.
- This position may have volunteers reporting to it such as Director Social Media, Director Sponsorship, etc.
- All efforts will be in accordance with PMI GHQ and chapter guidelines, and will support the overall mission, goals and strategies of the chapter.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all educational activities for the Buffalo Chapter. This would include all aspects of meetings, conferences, workshops and professional development days related to project management and professional/career development. Ex. speaker management, venue management, etc.
- This position may have volunteers reporting to it such as Director Event Management, Director Professional Days, Breakfast Meeting Coordinator, etc.
- The content of these programs is to be consistent and in accordance with Chapter objectives.
- Responsible for supporting operational activities of the Chapter such as technology/ & application use and support, website administration, records management, operational audit, 3rd party and vendor management, chapter leadership training & development, succession planning.
- This position may have volunteers reporting to it such as Director Application Support, Director Business Services, Director Website Administration, etc.
Note: Candidates must be a former Board member to apply.
- Serves in the role of advisor and historian for the organization, this position is generally extended to individuals with long standing in the chapter who have often held multiple board positions and have been involved in the development and continuation of chapter programs.
- Examples of eligible candidates are past presidents and vice presidents.
- Submitting a Nomination: If you are interested in any of these positions, or would like to recommend someone else, please download and complete PMI Buffalo Candidate Nomination Form above and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 PM on June 30, 2022.
- Term Service Dates: The term for these positions begins on January 1, 2023 and ends on December 31, 2024. Note: In addition, if you are elected, there is a transition period that runs from August 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 that allows you to shadow the incumbent and become fully aware of your new responsibilities.
- Election Timeline: (Note: these Election Process dates are subject to change)
- Thursday 6/30/22 5:00PM – Call for Nominations closes.
- Thursday 7/7/22 5:00PM – Validation of all candidate nominations performed by the PMI Buffalo, NY Chapter Nominations and Election Committee.
- Monday, 7/11/22 8:00AM - Friday, 7/22/22 11:59PM – Member online voting occurs.
- Tuesday, 7/26/22 - Final election results communicated to all members.
- Again, the call for nominations period ends at 5:00 PM on June 30, 2022.