When the leaves are falling, the PMI Buffalo Chapter is headed into its final events for the calendar year. Our last dinner meeting is being held Werdnesday, November 9th and will cover both “Marketing your Project” and “Understanding Business Metrics”. This event will award 1.5 PDUs for the Strategic and Business Management side of the Talent Triangle. This event is being held in the Southtowns.
We also have two breakfast meetings remaining on November 10th (topic: Resource Management) and December 15th . Have you been to a breakfast meeting? These sessions are peer-to-peer learning opportunities and allow attendees to share their experiences and learn from one another in an informal, small group setting early in the AM on a weekday.
As we wrap up 2016, our planning for 2017 is well underway. We are on target to complete our Annual Planning activities on schedule. Your Board will be meeting mid-November to review the 2017 Operations Plan’s budget and resource requirements. We will then meet mid-December to approve the final budget.
I will be passing the President “baton” to Jeff Manhardt at the end of this year, and then serving as Past President for a year. A number of other people are also transitioning out / in to Board roles:
- Jeff Manhardt – passing the VP, Finance role to Ellen Hagerty.
- Mary Harris – passing the VP, Marketing & Communications role to Steve Tunmore. Mary will then be taking on a Trustee role.
- Kevin Galvin – passing the VP, Technology & Business Services role to Tony Pappagallo.
- Mark Gaynor – passing the VP, Professional Development role to two individuals: Erin Keding will serve as VP, Professional Development, and Teresa Lawrence will serve in the newly created VP, Certification Training role. (Note: This role split was passed in a ByLaws vote earlier this year)
- Mark Kwandrans – leaving Trustee role due to commitments to PMI Global's Ethics Review committee.
- Julie McGuire – leaving Trustee role.
Please join me in thanking those who are stepping down for all of their hard work, and welcoming those who are stepping up to Board roles!
I hope to see you at one of these events, JoAnn Boehm
PMI Buffalo – We bring Project Management to life!